My Photo
Name:
Location: Oak Lawn, IL

Friday, July 31, 2009

General FYI July 2008

Hey Guys!

Well, how fast time flies when your roasting in Texas! It cooled off a little in the beginning of last week. Since then it's back up to the upper 90's. Saturday we drove to a bit North of Austin to meet Patience's Mom for the trade off. She got her child back and Sherry and I got to realize we really miss having her around. We also found out by extrapolation that Dallas is about 5 hours from my house under Saturday morning driving conditions.
We are acclimating. Last night around 8:30 Sherry and I went for a walk. The temp was between 85-90. `I said to Sherry during the walk that back in Baltimore we'd have said it was too hot for a 1 and a quarter mile walk.
Despite the fact that we live very near a super market that cast a lot of light at night I can still see more stars than I could in Baltimore. Plus the near full moon cast shadows in my yard. Now back on Conway Street the moon was something you noticed only if you looked directly at it. San Antonio is at latitude 29.40 . That is pretty far south and it makes for a Sun and moon that sits higher in the sky, constellations are all higher in the Southern sky than I'm used to. FYI , Los Angeles is 34.3, Charlottesville is 38.0, Hazlet is 40.45, Chicago is 41.86, Omaha is 41.2. Your geography lesson for the day. It takes minutes for my eyes to adjust to daylight when I walk outside the house. Sometimes I reach for my sunglasses only to discover I am wearing them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home